Description: Stockton, California, Police Chief Tom Morris was supposed to bring stability to law enforcement when he was appointed to the job four years ago.
Date: July 31, 2012
Questions for Discussions:
- Explain the crisis facing these cities in terms of financial mismanagement of budgets and cash flow estimations?
- Is there a financial solution?
- Could legislation be used to regulate pensions?
- What are the ethical issues in this situation?
- How might labor relations be affected?
- How might organizations such as police departments and city workers be affected in terms of motivation and leadership?
Leave a Reply