Description: For over 100 years, Crayola has mixed and molded crayons in the hopes of encouraging creativity in children.
Source: CNNMoney.com – video report
Date: Aug 29, 2012
Questions for Discussions:
- Why do you think crayons and Crayola brand in particular have endured for so many generations?
- Describe the manufacturing process that was illustrated in the video clip.
- Why does it lend itself to automation so readily?
- Can you think of a reason to explain the manual loading of large-boxes of crayons?
- Is this a business model that management should just leave alone?