Description: Nordstrom and Target are about to open stores in Canada, J. Crew and Tory Burch just did so, and Ann Taylor and Kate Spade are scouting locations.
Date: Sep 14, 2012
Questions for Discussions:
- Summarize the challenges facing American retailers entering the Canadian retail market.
- What are the factors that facilitate entry by these firms?
- What would motivate management to make this move?
- How well would you expect these retailers to do?
- How will these developments affect supply chains currently in place in Canada?
- Are there social responsibility issues for management to consider here?